Saturday 8 August 2009

Session 3

Session Num: 3
Stakes: 400NL
Hands: 1136
Net Win: -$1559

Concentration: 6/10 - lost my head a bit towards the end, need to forget about results more... and the session was too long, more than 90 minutes is no good without a break
Preplay Prep: 7/10 - messy room
Avoiding RE: 10/10
Cbetting strategy: 10/10
Game selection: 8/10 -

Hands:

Losers

Hand 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4560441 I 3bet bluff the river repping the nut flush with the naked Ad, given he checked back the turn I thought his most likely holding was a 4, and I could definitely have the NF having missed by turn CR. Didn't know too much about the villain at the time though and thus I shouldn't have tried this.

Hand 2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4560444 Another move gone wrong, although Raas is bad I really didn't think he would bet call AJ hi in this spot. He defends basically anything, and with my FE I have overs+GS+bdFD. Lesson here is to be aware of the villain when making these moves, in general vs unknowns or fishy players they're nothing but FPS.

Hand 3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4560453 Meh, biggest mistake probably flatting OOP, even this deep... or maybe not. CR flop is an option when I don't think I'm getting 3bet too much this deep. He doesn't 3bet PF too much in general, but this session I thought he'd maybe opened up a bit. Saying that, this is probably just AA. My line doesn't rep anything which is a problem, though he probably still folds less than a K given the implied threat of a river shove.

I had some more losers which in hindsight look pretty horrible. I definitely went through a run of around an hour where I made no hands, but I incorrectly translated this into me getting constantly run over when in fact it was probably just card variance. Making stupid moves to reverse not winning a hand in an hour is a stupid idea, and one leak I'm definitely going to look out for and talk about after this session I'm about to begin.

0 comments: