Thursday 27 August 2009

Session 25

Session Num: 25
Stakes: 400NL
Hands: 676
Net Loss: $1706

Concentration: 6/10 -
Preplay Prep: 9/10 -
Avoiding RE: 4/10 -
Cbetting strategy: 10/10 -
Game selection: 10/10 -

Uh oh, downswing alert. I'm just not quite back on form yet.... i need to get the mindset back of playing perfect sessions and having pride in how I play hands. What happened here is that I got sucked out on a for a 500bb pot, had a few coolers (nothing major) then proceeded to play some horrible horrible hands designed to increase variance rather than increase my edge. The predictable happened and I spewed off stack after stack.

There's really no point in posting hands... well maybe, but what I mean is that my reason for reviewing hands is to find technical aspects to think about or improve upon. In the case of my spew, they were all clearly horrible.

I'm going to play a session now, hopefully around 45 minutes long, and win lose or draw I'm going to post every losing and winning big hand and critique them. Tilt or spew just won't come into it. RE will be avoided (esp deep in 3bet pots vs aggro monkeys) and I'll be playing with the mission of playing every hand in an optimal manner.

dan

0 comments: