Friday 7 August 2009

Session 2

Session Num: 2
Stakes: 400NL
Hands: 484
Net Win: $2614

Concentration: 7/10 - still in the habit of autopilot loading up 2p2, email etc.
Preplay Prep: 7/10 - had a sleep, had eaten before, but messy room = messy head sometimes
Avoiding RE: 10/10
Cbetting strategy: 10/10
Game selection: 7/10 - went and picked a fight HU on a 4max table with Brandon Cantu (but won)


Played pretty good today I think, in 484 hands I didn't lose more than 32 big blinds in any one pot. Had some INTERESTING hands, thus:

Hands:

Winners

Hand 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4558111 villain is blue pro Brandon Cantu, I just don't know what he's thinking. Except, I guess I'm supposed to think he has JJ or 1010 (3 combos by river) that he decided not to 3bet. I NEARLY levelled myself into a fold given he's supposed to be at least slightly competent.

Hand 2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4558119 I like putting hands like AJs in my 4bet bluffing range these days, given I'm never flatting OOP and when the 4bet is flatted has more value than a random 62s or whatever is usually recommended for bluff 4betting.

He SNAP checked back the flop, which for me ruled out QQ+, (though not necessarily JJ but only one combo) and made his most likely hand an underpair to JJ (or equivalent hand, JQ etc). Importantly, I don't think he ever 3bets 77, 66, 88 etc OTB so I'm pretty content with my hand.

On the river, I'm still fairly happy with my hand given I don't think there's many 8s in his 3bet-call range. I'm really happy with my play though, as I don't think a shove gets paid off there while a check would simply get checked back by weaker hands. Thus, I bet small to perhaps get value whilst also leaving just enough behind to make him think he can move me off QQ+ with the 4 straight on board.

Hand 3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4558151 Thinking about this hand from villain POV, this becomes an advertisment for why not to 3bet QQ deep in the blinds vs a good player who will flat often, espec to an UTG raise. 200bbs deep and OOP, I just don't see how he's going to play it profitably vs my 77 , and certainly not optimally vs my whole range.

Hand 4: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4558170 Fresh from Samo's vid about CRing the river and VALUE BETTING THE RIVER WITH MARGINAL HANDS TO LOOK LIKE A BLUFF.

I can't post any losing hands, because I literally hardly had any. Good times then! I'm going to take a break now (preplay prep ftw) and then hopefully put in another decent session.


dan

0 comments: