Tuesday 25 August 2009

Session 24

Session Num: 24
Stakes: 400NL
Hands: 394
Net Win: $1206


I'm just back from Cornwall today, haven't played since (wait, Wednesday???, that's like nearly a week off!). So like I was saying, Friday I went to Cornwall, and Thursday was interesting because I was in court all day!

The reason I was in court was being forced out of my home last January by my gangsta-wannabe landlord in Hull who threatened to 'send someone around to sort me out' over a rental dispute, then came at me with a baseball bat when I went to talk to him about it.

Anyway, he got found guilty. ha! I really wasn't prepared for his solicitor cross examining me in the way he did though, basically saying I did the whole thing to get out of paying £300 rent (which I didn't, I actually lost money on the whole thing).

Looking back though I quite enjoyed the court banter, and fancied myself as a bit of a lawyer myself actually by the end of it (!). It helped that his arguments were just so bloody stupid and made up that I could just bat them all away and almost laugh at the ineptitude. Example, 'I put it to you Mr Flower that there was no baseball bat, that it is all a figment of your imagination'. 'Erm..... no there certainly did exist a baseball bat'

'Mr Flower, did you enjoy the £300 you stole from your landlord'. 'Erm, I actually lost £300 on the whole thing, I'm sure he enjoyed it'.

So anyway, I can't remember the last session I played, but HEM said I won so good. Results at the top, and I'll just post the one hand that I remember.

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:

UTG Hero ($826.50)
UTG+1 7DOOLEY ($903.40)
CO MARCLAR3 ($929.50)
BTN RIVERMUPPET ($267.00)
SB ILLUSIONSSS ($783.00)
BB GENTLESHEEN ($885.00)

Pre-flop: ($12, 6 players) Hero is UTG

Hero raises to $16, 1 fold, MARCLAR3 calls $16, 3 folds

Flop: ($50, 2 players)
Hero bets $31, MARCLAR3 calls $31

Turn: ($112, 2 players)
Hero bets $75, MARCLAR3 raises to $202, Hero calls $127

River: ($516, 2 players)
Hero checks, MARCLAR3 bets $450, Hero calls $450

Final Pot: $1,416
Hero shows:
MARCLAR3 shows:

Hero wins $1,406.50 ( won +$707.50 )
MARCLAR3 lost -$699


I hardly ever use postflop stats, but this guy (decent winning reg) just folds to cbets NEVER. People like this just like to rep hands perfectly as bluffs, and I'm more likely to call down to a perfect rep (ie in this spot) than something like a call 2 streets shove river line which on the face of it looks stupid but actually vs someone good is never anything but the nuts.

Tired now but going to play a brief comeback session, really focussing on concentration and avoid RE. 45 minutes of playing perfection to (hopefully) follow....


dan

0 comments: