Tuesday 1 September 2009

August Review

August turned out good in some aspects, meh in others. It's good that I was able to turn around being $2.1k down at the start into what ended up being a $15.1k month. Starting this blog at my lowpoint was the catalyst I think, and even though I'm not going to post session reviews quite as much the attitude that it helped instil in me remains the same, and I'll be super quick to review things when I'm not happy.


The meh in the month comes from being break even the last 8k hands or so, but whatever I guess. It's also way under half my best month ever, so I'm capable of better. Saying that, due to holidays etc I played less than any other month, just 23k hands.

September should be a pretty event-free month and allow me to get in (edit: I hate the word 'grind', makes it sound like a chore when it's not, and in any case if it really is a grind then that's probably the problem with your game) the 50k or so hands I expect it to take me to hit something like $30k again for the month.

Things have started ok anyway, currently $3600 for September. I've been toying with the idea of going back to my AP screenname (grogheadflow duh) that everyone knows, as it seemed kind of counter-intuative to suddenly make my game a much more solid and foldy one only to change screennames and dodge any of the benefit with regards villain's not adjusting. But meh, if I hit a downpatch in September I'll maybe give it a go.

dan

0 comments: