Tuesday 15 December 2009

Session 3



Hands: 591
Net Winnings: $-2282

Initial Mental State: 8
PF: 4 - 88 AIPF vs Monies, who I *think* stays out of my way for the most part
River Spots: 5
Timing: 2
Slow but Steady: 1
Overall: 0/10

Absolute horror show of a session. Absolutely everything went to pot, and everything was my own fault. I wasn't proud of a single hand in which I lost money, and indeed I played like a total fish.

Why?

Well my downswing means I'm obviously still in a short term frame of mind. This blog is designed to get me looking at the longer term, and thus be able to shake off a few early setbacks/ coolers etc safe in the knowledge that I played the hands well. Of COURSE I'm not going to win every session, so why the fuck do I lose my sanity when stuck a few BIs?

I also played longer than 90 minutes, refused to stop when $1200 down and in a horrible state of mind, and made some horrible horrible decisions based on needing a short term fix rather than looking at the decision from all angles and coming to the correct EV choice. I need to be just as HAPPY with some check-folds I make as I am winning pots.

This feeling of being a degenerate loser is not a nice one, and I don't intend to experience it again. Session 4, I'm determined will be the best yet in terms of technical decisions, but also in terms of non-technical decisions. 45 minutes, every hand perfectly justifiable, coming up. My mental state going into sesh 4 is ~7.5, which is acceptable. I do feel better today eating and drinking regularly, so I deff have to keep that up on future days.

I'll leave you with one hand today to give you an idea of just how bad things were.... hopefully by posting this it'll serve as a sort of masochism strategy and help me bury the ghost of session 3.....

$2/$4 Ante $1 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGMARCOPOLO63$795
COHero$810.10
BTNSMITN_KITTEN$903.85
SBSICKGAMBLER99$758
BBUNCLESLAAAPP$328
  • Pre-Flop ($11, 5 players)Hero is CO
  • c6 s6
1 fold, Hero raises to $14, SMITN_KITTEN raises to $57, 2 folds, Hero calls $43
  • Flop ($125, 2 players)
  • d7 cA hA
Hero checks, SMITN_KITTEN bets $105, Hero raises to $232, SMITN_KITTEN raises to $819, Hero calls $520.10
  • Turn ($1,696.10, 2 players)
  • sT
  • River ($1,696.10, 2 players)
  • c8
  • Final Pot: $1,696.10
  • SMITN_KITTEN shows
  • dAdK
  • Hero shows
  • c6s6
  • SMITN_KITTEN wins $1,693.10 (net +$816.10)
  • Hero lost $810.10

0 comments: