Sunday 20 December 2009

Session 14

Hands: 482
Winnings: -$592

Initial Mental State: 9
PF: 6
River Spots: 9
Timing: 6
Slow but Steady: 7
Overall: 6/10

Meh, I need to go back to the drawing board before I (for the 4th time this month) hit $7k then go right back down to 0.

A few things... firstly, I've hit on why I feel so damn uncomfortable on full tilt. It's because I don't have any reeeeeads on anybody. Like, AP as been my home for about 3 years. Without before really realising it, I know which regs can fold, which regs can bluff, which regs are incapable of thin value. Which regs don't ever fold to cbets, which regs always peel then fold. Etc. This info is just massive.

I'm sure now this is the reason I feel so onipotent (good word imo) on UB/AP, and so lost on full tilt. How to address it? Well firstly, I'm going to put some sessions in on UB to regain confidence (and $!), then I'm going to do some serious analysing of villain's play on ftp. I certainly seem to be up against the same group of 10-12 regs on full tilt so this exercise is crucial.

Secondly, a blog I read of Samoleus's recently interested me. He's had like 3 losing months in a row, and it comes at a time of financial uncertainty for him what with going through a divorce etc. Essentially, he realised that during this time he's been playing poker 'for the money' rather than what he initially got into it for, the love of it. This is something I need to remember, in particular how I used to get a kick from crushing and dicking with anyone and everybody. This is going to be my mantra going into session 15, and beyond.....

dan

0 comments: