Monday 8 September 2008

Looong Session. Good Results, 3000 hands, Won $899.

I definitely played solid this session. So much of my mental thought was going into not hating myself for giving away $800 in any stupid pots. At the same time, I was more aggressive and bluffing more scarecards, as I've noticed Speedlimits do and its very effective.

Winners:

hand1:
Got decent value with a set from Hovabluff here. I don't rate him at all and he got very cally here. I was very unsure about optimal river betsizing, i plumped for like 40% as I didn't think he'd call more with just an overpair. He had a flush though, could have bet more with my FullH.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3165219

hand2:
funny hand this one. NEVER FOLD TO SPEEDLIMITS. He read my thin value bet for exactly what it was on the river, a weak made hand getting greedy for value. So he comes over the top for like $185 more. Thing is, he's never not betting the trip 7s more strongly before the river, and so repped completely nothing. I thought for a while, but it was more of a slowroll. He said 'Awful' then instaquit. Don't know if he meant me or him though.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3165238

hand3: I always get accused of FPS when taking this line with an overpair, ie cbet flop, check raise turn all in OOP. But, I think its the single most effective line for a strong hand VS an aggressive 100bb stack when OOP. Gets value off floats, and most villains will even bet the turn with a draw rather than take the free card. here, a fairly soild Reg stacks with overpair 1010 on 9 high flop. I think he played it baaaaad tho.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3165256



losers:

hand4:
this one could have got nasty. A 4bet pot deep OOP with AA, he hits a set of 88. My pot control on flop and his weak betting allowed me to lose the minimum. Obviously I'm most afraid of KK QQ, but his weak bet on the river made me think he may be betting AK... One more note about this, I 4bet bigger than my standard because of the deep stacksizes, this was something suggested to me in a 2+2 thread recently.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3165276

hand5: i bet fold river with KK. I think lobster has 89 here a lot... no matter, think it was played ok.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3165295


No other real nonstandard hands to talk about. No spew for a change. Goldstar Grog.

laters

1 comments:

Chris 11 September 2008 at 13:37  

hand 4: How can you not bet the flop. i bet/shove. Might be why i'm not playing 200bb as of present.

Hand 5 is a solid fold.