Monday 16 November 2009

Groundhog Day

Month stands at 18k hands played, net losses of $4221. I believe that I'm coming out of it, but it's time to re-assess where I've been in terms of adjusting my play.

My usual cycle when on a DS is to tighten up thinking that I need to abuse my image etc.... I think now that this is false. Sitting waiting for sets is no way to win at poker, unrelenting aggression and having your medium strength hands paid off is. Thus, I've played 3 sessions now back to my original style..... the first two went well, the 3rd gave me a stark reminder of something.....

That something, namely, is concentration. I simply can't be 3betting 18%, playing a 38/32 style on autopilot. Every decision has to be correct, there simply isn't room for silly mistakes either PF or postflop.

So, here I am back where I started. Multiple small sessions per day, grading myself initially just on concentration but also on more technical aspects when my recent leaks become apparent. Gameplan is to 3bet mercilessly, take regs out of the comfort zone, take control of the table, and be ready for snappage. Above all, concentration....

30-45 minute session + review coming up....

dan

0 comments: