Sunday 14 December 2008

On Report


I'm running bad situationally, running bad EV wise, and playing bad as well. I'm now $3400 below equity for the month, which means my monthly total isn't a 'pretty rubbish but not a disaster' $1622 profit, but instead stands at a demoralising $-1856 net loss. (after 22k hands).
So, time for a bit of reflection and new goal setting. I need to cut back on 2-4, as dealing with some of the aggro regs there makes me do ludicrous things in some vain attempt to play back at them. While confidence is low, I'm much happier dealing with Medevil, (at least you know where you are with him).
I'm playing badly, probably the worst I've played for a while. I need to concentrate harder to make the best possible decision. At the moment, I'm looking back on hands and regretting virtually all the big ones I get in. Even the ones I'm winning I'm regretting the amount of money I left on the table through some cursory mistake like not raising a set on a drawy flop...
I've applied a 'post-this-blog-entry' filter on my graph, so will post updates daily and review hands for the next 10 days leading up to xmas. So, 1500 hands a day, 200NL only- strict hand reviewing session after every 1500 hands.
I may play later, I'm not sure... but expect thick and fast blog entries with lots of hands; my biggest winners and losers plus any others etc.
One last thing, at least when I get back to 2-4 I can expect my image to be completely shot. The one silver lining of the cloud of some crazily bad HHs. Witness.....
laters.... dan

0 comments: