Monday 8 December 2008

December Update


December thus far- $-224 after 10k hands. The downward looking slopey bit to the far right is the reason for this post, hopefully a bit of thought and consolidation will turn it round again. I've ran bad equity wise (again) for like the 8th consecutive month or something. So, until further notice, I feel not one pang of regret for any bad beat I dish out to anyone- I deserve it.
But still, I've played bad in spots too. I'm influenced a fair at the moment by Bobbofitos, his vids and his group coaching. The trouble is that I consider his genius style of play to have a very fine dividing line from that of a pure spewmonkey. What I mean by that, is that played correctly his style = a huge winrate. Slightly mis-applied, by myself, his style can result in some horrendously butchered hands.
The reason for the above is that he hates to fold. Now, I myself have definitely folded too much in the past. I would make folds like this for example: http://www.pokerhand.org/?3556961.
Would I make that fold now? I'm not sure, but it would be a lot closer. I think the point I want to make is that I may have over-adjusted to the disbeliever side, with some horrible results.... lets take a look...
Hand1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?3556972. I mean, first mistake if you want to call it that is calling pf. I felt sure it was a fairly light squeeze coming from this player, but at the start of my winning run around 100k hands ago I resolve to stop calling these hands to 3bets. After that, I got confused by the fact villain didnt bet the ace on the turn, and with the flush draw out there talked myself into calling river with a horrible hand. I don't hate my play though up until the river, all fairly standard I think.
blah blah blah. Stop spewing money and tighten up a little more. I think making a decision a street ahead is also important, ie if I get raised on the flop am I going to face a turn barrell as well?
In other news, I'm at least marginally profitable from non-showdown this month- which is related to the fact I call more of course.
Next 10k hands- all will be 200NL, even though I've ran like god at 2-4 in the 3k hands I've played (situationally, not equity-wise of course) I can't handle the variance wave at the minute.
So... 10k hands of 200NL now, then a further review of any interesting hands...
laters

1 comments:

Anonymous,  8 December 2008 at 12:58  

Do you want to increase traffik to your blog ?