Friday 3 October 2008

Turnaround

Since my coaching session the other day with (the excellent) Chaostracise, I've turned it round, winning $860 over 3 sessions totalling 3636 hands.

Over these hands, I've had only 3 pots where I've lost over $100, which is pretty good I think. One I misplayed ( http://www.pokerhand.org/?3272901 ), the other was a cooler when I hit a set vs a flopped straight and the other was AK vs QQ AIPF.

I've generally been 3betting less and playing postflop poker which has been working out. The immense amount of squeezing and 3betting going on has led me to slowplay PF slightly more often, ie flatting qq to a tight player then shoving over a squeeze.

And I've not had any mad moments either. Usually I think I would easily have had enough moments over 4k hands to wipe out $860 in profit.

Not too many interesting hands have come up though, what with me not losing that many and all.

I'm probably most troubled by this one: Villain a 32/5/1
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3275287

The turn bet just looks like he's after a cheap draw, so I raise it up. Hmm though, I'm not sure.

Oh and I changed my SN on Party, cos it lets you do that. Ladderbear has been a consistent loser and is now retired. Good work Penguinator on your recent results.


Dan

1 comments:

Chris 13 October 2008 at 16:21  

Taht turn raise is fine man. You are so very rarely getting 3bet bluffed, it allows you to get value from draws and also you got a cheaper showdown.